Why Study Tourism & Hospitality?
- The global Tourism and Hospitality Industry:
- The largest part of the service sector that has a significant impact on the global economy. Tourism is the most important source of income for many countries.
- Grew faster at 3.9% last year compared to the overall economy at 3.2% (source: World Travel and Tourism Council).
- Responsible for 1 in 5 of all new jobs created in the last 5 years (source: World Travel and Tourism Council).
- Tourism and hospitality programs worldwide prepare future leaders in the dynamic and global area of tourism and hospitality management.
- Students receive a core set of transferable knowledge, skills and abilities to be successful in managing and leading exciting, ever-changing, and face-paced service businesses.
- Graduates enter the tourism and hospitality industry as entry-level managers and have rapid career growth.
- Literally, the world is your employer!
- Career options in hospitality and tourism are limitless. Unique and varied opportunities exist such as management in Food Service, Resorts, Waterparks, Casinos, Hotels, Theme Parks, Convention Centers, Cruise Ships, Clubs, and Events. Corporate and leisure travelers utilize event planners and convention services managers to organize travel, food and beverage and lodging and entertainment for their special occasions.