Most Recent Recognition Action Date:
Grant of Accreditation for seven years (2017 -2024). This action indicates that the Program has no significant deficiencies.
Profile of Accredited Program
Dept. of Family and Consumer Sciences
California State University at Long Beach
1250 Bellflower Boulevard
Long Beach, CA 90840-0501
- BS Hospitality Management
Program Student Profile
|Undergraduate Enrollment – Major||3 Years Ago|
|2 Year Ago|
|1 Year Ago|
|Number of Students||226||218||192|
|Number of Graduates 1||66||75||77|
|Student/Faculty Ratio 2||26:1||24:1||21:1|
|Retention Rate % – Freshmen to Sophomore (for all Programs)||71.4%||77.8%||87.5%|
|% Students employed in the hospitality industry or a related field within 90 days after graduation 3||92%||80%||86.4%|
|% Students continuing their education within 90 days after graduation 4||0%||10.5%||13.6%|
|Total Professional Placement and Continuing Education Rate 5||92%||90.5%||100%|
- List All grads (Aug., Dec., & May) should be considered in the academic year. For example, Aug. 2021, Dec. 2021, and May 2022 would be used as data for the 2021-2022 academic year.
- Calculate by dividing total number of students in the major by total FTE (Full-time equivalent) major faculty
- Calculate by dividing the number of students employed in industry or related field by the total students graduating in the major for that year.
- Calculate by dividing the number of students continuing their education by the total students graduating in the major for that year.
- Sum number 3 and 4 above (should be equal to or less than 100 %)