Most Recent Recognition Action Date:
Grant of Accreditation for seven years (2020-2027) with stipulation. The Program has established that it meets all, or practically all, of the Standards at a minimum level and has a strong proposal in place to meet the Standards at a significant level of compliance for accreditation. A final review of those standards will occur in Winter 2023.
Profile of Accredited Program
Program of Hotel and Restaurant Administration
Instituto San Ignacio de Loyola
Av. Salaverry 2625 San Isidro
- Technical Bachelor in Hotel and Restaurant Services Administration
- Technical Bachelor’s in Administration in Tourist Operations
While the Program provided a detailed action plan to address the deficiencies noted in the Team Report (i.e. Key Elements IV a, IV e, V a, V b, V c, and VII f), the Program has opted not to start work on the action plan until August 2021 with a final completion date scheduled for October 2022.
The Program is asked to provide a response and the documentation addressing the issues as noted below. This response should be sent to the ACPHA offices by June 15, 2022 for review and action at the 2022 Summer Commission Meeting. The following must be submitted by June 15, 2022:
- A curriculum map depicting where all ACPHA required content areas are introduced, emphasized, and reinforced in the associate degree program. Additionally, course syllabi should be provided for areas that were deficient during the team’s review.
- Course syllabi for all courses offered. Each course should include Course Learning Outcomes linked to Program Learning Outcomes.
- A comprehensive assessment plan that includes:
- Metrics that are appropriate for assessing student performance at the Program level rather than specific courses.
- Established benchmarks used to evaluate student performance.
- Direct and indirect measures for each Program Learning Outcome.
- Formative and summative measures for each Program Learning Outcome.
- Initial results for the newly implemented assessment plan.
- A link to the Program’s updated landing page, which should include the Program’s:
- Mission Statement
- Program Learning Outcomes
- Professional Placement Rate (as reported on ACPHA student profile)
- Student Retention Data (as reported on ACPHA student profile)
Additional links should include:
- Faculty Profiles
- Curricular Offerings
- Academic Policies
Program Student Profile
Academic Years: 2017-2018 2018-2019 2019-2020
|Undergraduate Enrollment – Major||3 Years Ago||2 Years Ago||1 Year Ago|
|Number of Students||2023||1699||1393|
|Number of Graduates||157||151||72|
|Retention Rate % – Freshmen to Sophomore (for all Programs)||85.25%||86.15%||86.3%|
|% Students employed in the hospitality industry or a related field within 90 days after||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|% Students continuing their education within 90 days after graduation||N/A||N/A||N/A|