Most Recent Recognition Action Date:
Grant of Accreditation for seven years (2020 - 2027). This action indicates that the Program has no significant deficiencies.
Profile of Accredited Program
The Hospitality & Tourism Management Program
The White Lodging Center for Hospitality & Tourism Management
Purdue University Northwest
Hammond, IN 46323
- BS Hospitality and Tourism Management
Program Student Profile
|Program Enrollment – Major||3 Years Ago|
|2 Years Ago|
|1 Year Ago|
|Number of Students||143||126||110|
|Number of Graduates 1||43||33||20|
|Student/Faculty Ratio 2||15:1||13:1||18:1|
|Retention Rate % – Freshmen to Sophomore (for all Programs)||86.96%||86.96%||85%|
|% Students employed in the hospitality industry or a related field within 90 days after graduation 3||>90%||>90%||>90%|
|% Students continuing their education within 90 days after graduation 4||88.24%||88.24%||85.59%|
|Total Professional Placement and Continuing Education Rate 5|
- List All grads (Aug., Dec., & May) should be considered in the academic year. For example, Aug. 2020, Dec. 2020, and May 2021 would be used as data for the 2020-2021 academic year.
- Calculate by dividing total number of students in the major by total FTE (Full-time equivalent) major faculty
- Calculate by dividing the number of students employed in industry or related field by the total students graduating in the major for that year.
- Calculate by dividing the number of students continuing their education by the total students graduating in the major for that year.
- Sum number 3 and 4 above (should be equal to or less than 100 %) many of our students work and pursue graduate studies simultaneously, this will result in numbers above 100%