Most Recent Recognition Action Date:
Profile of Accredited Program
The Hospitality & Tourism Management Program
The White Lodging Center for Hospitality & Tourism Management
Purdue University Northwest
Hammond, IN 46323
- BS Hospitality and Tourism Management
The Program must submit an update on the following steps necessary to satisfy the stipulation award conditions by June 1, 2021:
- Provide syllabi for all courses that the Program has identified as being used to introduce the follow ACPHA Core Content Area:
- The marketing of goods and services
- Account procedures/practices
- The legal environment
- The economic environment
- Management information systems
- Organizational theory and foundations of management
- Facility operations maintenance and management
- Financial management
- Leadership theory
- Provide syllabi outlines for all courses that the Program has identified as being used to adequately introduce, emphasize, and reinforce Leadership Content.
- Ensure that all syllabi have measurable Course Leaning Outcomes (CLOs) and those CLOs are linked to the Program Learning Outcomes (PLOs).
- Work with an ACPHA Consultant for a virtual focused visit to properly utilize current assessment mechanisms/tools in place to develop a solid, structured, and formalized cyclical assessment plan to measure the four PLO’s. This plan should include direct and indirect metrics and formative and summative measurement tools to collect data to evaluate achievement of established metrics used for assessment.
The Program must submit an update on the following steps necessary to satisfy the stipulation award conditions by December 1, 2021:
- Evidence of collected data and how the data are used to close the assessment loop from the developed assessment plan.
Program Student Profile
Academic Years: 2017-2018 2018-2019 2019-2020
|Undergraduate Enrollment – Major||3 Years Ago||2 Years Ago||1 Year Ago|
|Number of Students||235||235||237|
|Number of Graduates||45||48||47|
|Retention Rate % – Freshmen to Sophomore (for all Programs)||68.8%||73.5%||69.6%|
|% Students employed in the hospitality industry or a related field within 90 days after||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|% Students continuing their education within 90 days after graduation||N/A||N/A||N/A|