Most Recent Recognition Action Date:
Grant of Accreditation for seven years (2019-2026). This action indicates that the Program has no significant deficiencies.
Profile of Accredited Program
University of Aruba
Hospitality and Tourism Management Studies
J.W. Irausquin Boulevard 4
- B.Sc. Hospitality and Tourism Management
Program Student Profile
|Program Enrollment – Major||3 Years|
|Number of Students||85||85||96|
|Number of Graduates1||32||8||7|
|Retention Rate % – Freshmen to Sophomore (for all Programs)||67%||70%||66%|
|% Students employed in the hospitality industry or a related field within 90 days after graduation 3||7%*|
|% Students continuing their education within 90 days after graduation4||10%||17%||0%|
|Total Professional Placement and Continuing Education Rate5||17%||67%||57%|
- List All grads (Aug., Dec., & May) should be considered in the academic year. For example, Aug.
2020, Dec. 2020, and May 2021 would be used as data for the 2020-2021 academic year.
- Calculate by dividing total number of students in the major by total FTE (Full-time equivalent)
- Calculate by dividing the number of students employed in industry or related field by the total
students graduating in the major for that year.
- Calculate by dividing the number of students continuing their education by the total students
graduating in the major for that year.
- Sum number 3 and 4 above (should be equal to or less than 100 %)