Most Recent Recognition Action Date:
Grant of Accreditation for seven years (2016 -2023). This action indicates that the Program has no significant deficiencies.
Profile of Accredited Program
Hotel & Restaurant Management
University of Maryland-Eastern Shore
Richard Henson Center, Suite 2100
Princess Anne, MD 21853
- BS Hospitality and Tourism Management
Program Student Profile
|Program Enrollment – Major||3 Years Ago|
|2 Years Ago|
|1 Year Ago|
|Number of Students||110||91||59|
|Number of Graduates1||22||27||26|
|Retention Rate % – Freshmen to Sophomore (for all Programs)||76.9%||60%||66%|
|% Students employed in the hospitality industry or a related field within 90 days after graduation3||95%||95%||N/A|
|% Students continuing their education within 90 days after graduation4||5%||4%||N/A|
|Total Professional Placement and Continuing Education Rate5||N/A||N/A||N/A|
- List All grads (Aug., Dec., & May) should be considered in the academic year. For example, Aug. 2020, Dec. 2020, and May 2021 would be used as data for the 2020-2021 academic year.
- Calculate by dividing total number of students in the major by total FTE (Full-time equivalent) major faculty
- Calculate by dividing the number of students employed in industry or related field by the total students graduating in the major for that year.
- Calculate by dividing the number of students continuing their education by the total students graduating in the major for that year.
- Sum number 3 and 4 above (should be equal to or less than 100 %)