Most Recent Recognition Action Date:
Grant of Accreditation for seven years (2017 -2024). This action indicates that the Program has no significant deficiencies.
Profile of Accredited Program
Department of Hospitality & Tourism Management
Isenberg School of Management
University of Massachusetts Amherst
Flint Lab-90 Campus Center Way
Amherst, MA 01003
- BS Hospitality and Tourism Management
Program Student Profile
**Please note that the numbers for the Academic Year 2020 – 2021 are subject to change.
|Program Enrollment – Major||3 Years Ago|
2019 – 20
|2 Years Ago|
2020 – 21
|1 Year Ago|
2021 – 2022
|Number of Students||287||302||300|
|Number of Graduates1||112||105||95|
|Retention Rate % – Freshmen to Sophomore (for all Programs)||81%||82%||85%|
|% Students employed in the hospitality industry or a related field within 90 days after graduation3||92%||74%||92%|
|% Students continuing their education within 90 days after graduation4||4%||5%||3%|
|Total Professional Placement and Continuing Education Rate5||96||79||95|
- List All grads (Aug., Dec., & May) should be considered in the academic year. For example, Aug.
2020, Dec. 2020, and May 2021 would be used as data for the 2020-2021 academic year.
- Calculate by dividing total number of students in the major by total FTE (Full-time equivalent)
- Calculate by dividing the number of students employed in industry or related field by the total
students graduating in the major for that year.
- Calculate by dividing the number of students continuing their education by the total students
graduating in the major for that year.
- Sum number 3 and 4 above (should be equal to or less than 100 %)