Most Recent Recognition Action Date:
Grant of Accreditation for seven years (2021 -2028) with stipulation. The Program has established that it meets all, or practically all, of the Standards at a minimum level and has a strong proposal in place to meet the Standards at a significant level of compliance for accreditation. A final review of those standards will occur in Winter 2023.
Profile of Accredited Program
Columbus State Community College
550 E. Spring Street, P.O. Box 1609
Columbus, OH 43216
- AAS Hotel, Tourism, and Event Management
- AAS Restaurant and Food Service Management
The stipulation is based on the following area which requires documentation to demonstrate compliance. The Program is asked to provide an update on the linking PLO’s and CLO’s in all course syllabi and to provide documentation that the Program has ensured that the mission statement is reflected on revised syllabi, and on the program landing page of the website.
This update and documents to be submitted in a report to the Commission by December 16, 2022.
Program Student Profile
|Program Enrollment – Major||3 Years Ago|
|2 Years Ago|
|1 Year Ago|
|Number of Students||508||475||444|
|Number of Graduates 1||85||63||68|
|Student/Faculty Ratio 2||18:1||18:1||18:1|
|Retention Rate % – Freshmen to Sophomore (for all Programs)||48.5%||45.7%||47%|
|% Students employed in the hospitality industry or a related field within 90 days after 3||81||80||80.5|
|% Students continuing their education within 90 days after graduation 4||86||85||84|
|Total Professional Placement and Continuing Education Rate 5||83.5||82.5||82.25|
- List All grads (Aug., Dec., & May) should be considered in the academic year. For example, Aug. 2020, Dec. 2020, and May 2021 would be used as data for the 2020-2021 academic year.
- Calculate by dividing total number of students in the major by total FTE (Full-time equivalent) major faculty
- Calculate by dividing the number of students employed in industry or related field by the total students graduating in the major for that year.
- Calculate by dividing the number of students continuing their education by the total students graduating in the major for that year.
- Sum number 3 and 4 above (should be equal to or less than 100 %)