Most Recent Recognition Action Date:
Grant of Accreditation for seven years (2021-2028). This action indicates that the Program has no significant deficiencies.
Profile of Accredited Program
Center for Hospitality and Culinary Studies
Howard Community College
10901 Little Patuxent Parkway
Columbia, MD 21044-3197
- AAS Hotel, Restaurant, and Event Management
The Commission commends the leadership, administration and faculty on a review evaluation which met all ACPHA standards and key elements.
Program Student Profile
|Program Enrollment – Major||3 Years Ago|
|2 Years Ago|
|1 Year Ago|
|Number of Students||102||102||88|
|Number of Graduates 1||16||14||14|
|Student/Faculty Ratio 2||14.5:1||17:1||12.5:1|
|Retention Rate % – Freshmen to Sophomore (for all Programs)||51.8%||41.7%||60%|
|% Students employed in the hospitality industry or a related field within 90 days after graduation 3||**||**||**|
|% Students continuing their education within 90 days after|
|Total Professional Placement and Continuing Education Rate 5||**||**||**|
** MHEC dose not require us to collect this information, thus the Howard Community college dose not have data for the past three years. The Center for Hospitality and Culinary Studies is currently attempting to track our graduates through a new program we are testing this year. We hope to find an effect method of tracking as we move forward.
- List All grads (Aug., Dec., & May) should be considered in the academic year. For example, Aug. 2020, Dec. 2020, and May 2021 would be used as data for the 2020-2021 academic year.
- Calculate by dividing total number of students in the major by total FTE (Full-time equivalent) major faculty
- Calculate by dividing the number of students employed in industry or related field by the total students graduating in the major for that year.
- Calculate by dividing the number of students continuing their education by the total students graduating in the major for that year.
- Sum number 3 and 4 above (should be equal to or less than 100 %)