Most Recent Recognition Action Date:
Grant of Accreditation for seven years (2018 -2025). This action indicates that the Program has no significant deficiencies.
Profile of Accredited Program
Department of Hospitality Management
Indiana University of Pennsylvania
Ackerman Hall, Room 10-911 South Drive
Indiana, PA 15705-1087
- BS Hospitality Management
Program Student Profile
|Undergraduate Enrollment – Major||3 Years Ago|
|2 Years Ago|
|1 Year Ago|
|Number of Students||200||154||116|
|Number of Graduates 1||68||62||50|
|Student/Faculty Ratio 2||50:1||39:1||29:1|
|Retention Rate % – Freshmen to Sophomore (for all Programs)||76.19%||70%||80%|
|% Students employed in the hospitality industry or a related field within 90 days after graduation 3||N/A||20.83%||69%|
|% Students continuing their education within 90 days after graduation 4||N/A||43.75%||19%|
|Total Professional Placement and Continuing Education Rate 5||N/A||64.58%||98%|
- List All grads (Aug., Dec., & May) should be considered in the academic year. For example, Aug. 2020, Dec. 2020, and May 2021 would be used as data for the 2020-2021 academic year.
- Calculate by dividing total number of students in the major by total FTE (Full-time equivalent) major faculty
- Calculate by dividing the number of students employed in industry or related field by the total students graduating in the major for that year.
- Calculate by dividing the number of students continuing their education by the total students graduating in the major for that year.
- Sum number 3 and 4 above (should be equal to or less than 100 %)